Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

We had our big ultrasound today, and as you can tell from the title of this... it's a boy! He is measuring perfect and already being very stubborn! He wouldn't stop holding his feet so the ultrasound tech could count his fingers and toes. She finally got his fingers but not the toes. He is laying on his side (butt back, head/tummy forward) which I guess is typically with my uterus shape, but harder to see stuff so she had to keep poking him to make him roll over. He would do it for about 30 seconds before he would roll right back, LOL!


Everything looks good though. My uterus is stretching better than they expected, so hopefully no issues there! My blood pressure (which has been boarderline everytime) was really high this time, so they took it again at the end of my appt. and it was perfect, so it must just be the stress of the Dr's! They took some bloodwork so they can have a baseline (yay... my favorite part. No wonder my bloodpressure is high!) and I am supposed to start taking baby aspirin to help keep me from getting preeclampsia. Other than that I have to try and take it easy on my back and all is good!

Now we have to come up with a name for our little one. We were set on a girl's name, but cannot agree on a boy's (atleast a middle one). Hopefully now that we are sure it's a boy and have seen him we can be a little more decisive. Now we get to paint the baby's room this weekend and hopefully start registering for baby stuff. Let the fun begin! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! This is such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I thought for sure it was a girl. I am not sure why I thought that, I just did. Congrats on the little man :)

    ReplyDelete